When deciding on what kind of learner assessment activities to use, it is helpful to keep in mind the following questions:
- What will the student’s work on the activity (multiple choice answers, essays, project, presentation, etc.) say about their level of competence on the targeted learning objectives?
- How will the instructor’s assessment of their work help guide students’ practice and improve the quality of their work?
- How will the assessment outcomes for the class guide teaching practice?
- What is an assessment?
- Creating high-quality test items
- From Our Updates: Quality Assessments